Cloud computing is one of the most popular data management techniques resources adopted last year. While full cloud utilization is on the rise, unprepared cloud management can create data vulnerabilities.
With that being said, here are three important notes about cloud security:
- Outside hackers are not the main problem
- While it’s commonly assumed outside hackers are the source of most data breaches, it’s actually employees inside of an enterprise. The majority of company data leaks are caused by employees accessing classified information through shady networks and mobile applications, or unintentionally downloading malware onto company devices. For this reason, it’s imperative for enterprises everywhere to educate employees at all levels, in all departments, about the importance of trustworthy networks, applications and emails.
- Clear policies cut down on confusion
- When configuring a new cloud process, companies need to instate a formal policy regarding what information can be stored and accessed in certain environments. Creating a written protocol can eliminate any confusion about which networks are secure and other tips for preventing any malicious access to devices and what to do if someone suspects access has been granted to an unauthorized source.
- The cloud security market is growing quarterly.
- The Cloud Security Market report estimates the industry to reach $9 billion by 2019. IT providers everywhere are realizing the importance and demand of cloud security is growing globally. While the cloud may seem scary or unfamiliar, there are many professionals to consult with to ensure cloud processes run smoothly and securely.
Working with a certified IT asset manager is one way to ensure enterprise cloud security is functioning to its best ability. HOBI International, Inc. is a R2, RIOS ISO 14001 certified IT asset management company. HOBI provides full-scale mobile and IT asset management, including data management, data security and cloud security.
Cloud-centric data management is one of the most popular IT trends of 2016, and with the right care, can create a more flexible IT strategy. When making this transition, enterprises that are up-front with employees, utilize a clear protocol and work with a cloud strategy provider may see the best results.