Hiring an IT asset disposition company to dispose of your outdated or unused IT equipment saves an enterprise time and money. In order ensure you choose the most secure IT asset disposition provider, here are three questions to keep in mind.
- What is your data destruction policy and process?
- Data security is a hot topic for all industries. While managing data access during a device’s lifecycle is important, proper data destruction should also remain a top priority. Companies should work with an ITAD provider that ensures secure and dependable data erasure. Unreliable data destruction can lead to residual data on old devices, and potential data breaches that can be devastating to a company’s finances and reputation.
- What type of documentation do you provide?
- Compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations is important component of e-waste disposal. An IT asset disposition provider should provide documentation that details the process of disposal of your old IT systems. These documents should include information such as serial numbers of systems, certificate of data destruction, and an account for systems that have been refurbished or completely demanufactured and recycled.
- Are you aware of the resale market?
- A proper ITAD program allows you to recoup some of the costs involved in upgrading your IT system or covers a portion or all of your costs involved in disposing of your old IT systems. If your IT asset disposition provider has a true understanding of the resale market then their service offering will include a reverse logistics program that ensures your equipment is transported, processed and stored safely and securely. Once the your equipment is received and triaged to determine value and salability then your ITAD vendor will determine the appropriate secondary sales channel to place your equipment in order to generate the highest ROI.
HOBI International, Inc. is an R2, RIOS, ISO 14001 certified ITAD provider. HOBI uses the best practices in data destruction and end-of-life services for enterprise technology.