A professional ITAM provider can choose the best plan of action for enterprise devices, including device management, repair and end-of-life services. Once a provider has been chosen, it’s important for enterprise management to understand their processes and how devices will be handled down the road. One way to ensure complete disclosure is by working with a provider who uses a reverse logistics system.
Here are three benefits of reverse logistics in IT asset management:
- Creates clear chain of communication
- Reverse logistics services create clear points of communication by establishing transparency. Working with a provider that uses this type of system means enterprises are able to stay up-to-date on where their devices are and where they are going. Remaining transparent also means enterprises may have any and all questions answered about devices’ destinations.
- Provides peace of mind
- Along with communicative transparency, reverse logistics services include top-notch data erasure, ensuring all corporate information is properly disposed of in a secure manner. Knowing no residual data remains on repaired, refurbished or recycled devices can give enterprises peace-of-mind.
- Stays in compliance with legislation
- Certified reverse logistics processors can provide documentation that proves compliance with both state and national legislation. Violating data erasure, refurbishment or recycling legislation can result in significant fines as well as reputational damage for an enterprise.
HOBI International, Inc. is an R2, RIOS, ISO 14001 certified IT and Mobile asset management provider. HOBI provides the best practices in enterprise IT asset management, including top-notch reverse logistics services to ensure complete communication and compliance as well as provide peace-of-mind.