Thursday is a big day for Samsung, as the Galaxy S6 Edge+ and the Note 5 will be released to U.S. markets. Both devices will be available at major mobile network providers with and without contracts.
The newest version of the popular Samsung Galaxy has updated features meant to enhance the user’s device experience. Here are five features to look for on the Galaxy Edge S6 Plus:
- The new device has forgone the typical straight edges and adopted curves on both sides. As well as a curvier design, the device is lighter.
- New broadcast abilities
- The Edge+ uses a 16MP rear camera and 5MP front facing camera for high quality images and videos. The new device will also feature more broadcast video options, perfect for Periscope and Meerkat users, as well as giving users the option to direct stream video to their contacts.
- Two memory options
- This device will have either 32GB or 64GB memory options. Samsung has removed the expandable memory option for their devices.
- New color options
- Users will be able to purchase a gold, silver, black or white Edge+. Unfortunately, only white and black devices will be sold in the U.S.
- Higher price
- An Edge+ without a contract will run at around $900 depending on carrier and memory size, while a contracted device will be as low as $350.
There have been previous reports of the S6 Edge’s difficulty to break down because of the curved screen, so it will be interesting to see what efforts repair experts will go to in order to repair the newest device.