HOBI would like to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, and what better way to give thanks than to do our part over the holidays to protect our environment? Remember while you’re waist deep in turkey and mashed potatoes, to properly dispose of any waste leftover from all of the festivities!
Here are a few tips to help keep this Thanksgiving season eco-friendly:
- Carpool with family and friends to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Send electronic cards instead of paper cards in order to reduce the amount of paper waste.
- Compost any leftover organic food scraps.
- Reuse paper and cardboard scraps for decorations.
- Break down cardboard food packaging and recycle them.
- Use glass jars and containers rather than plastic or aluminum for leftovers.
- Invest in lights powered by solar power or lights that use energy-efficient LED bulbs if decorating with lights outside, and use a timer so that they power off when no one is around to see them.
Have a blessed, eco-friendly Thanksgiving from HOBI International Inc.