During this time of gratitude, HOBI International Inc. wishes you and your loved ones a happy Thanksgiving day. And with America Recycles Day still fresh on our minds, we also kindly ask that you take the initiative to continue to recycle responsibly during all of your holiday festivities.
To help you start off your holiday season on a green note, here are a few simple and eco-friendly actions you can take to help our planet:
- Travel smart by carpooling to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- With modern society favoring a tech take-over, consider sending electronic cards rather than traditional paper ones to help reduce the amount of paper waste
- Compost any leftover organic food scraps
- Make eco-friendly decorations by reusing paper and cardboard scraps
- Break down cardboard food packaging and recycle them
- Use glass jars and containers rather than plastic or aluminum for leftovers
- If replacing electronic devices, reuse or recycle them rather than trashing them
- Consider using rechargeable batteries and giving them as gifts
- If you will be using outside lights, invest in lights powered by solar power or ones that use energy-efficient LED bulbs
- Use a timer of any holiday lights so that they can power off when there is no one around to enjoy them
That said, HOBI wishes you a very happy and green Thanksgiving holiday!