IT Asset Management Operating in a Cloud Dominated Era
Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of 8/21-8/25
- Samsung reveals Galaxy Note 8
- Samsung revealed the highly anticipated Galaxy Note 8 device at a conference yesterday. The device’s predecessor, the Galaxy Note 7, experienced a public failure after all devices were recalled due to combusting batteries.
- Certain e-scrap metals excluded from Chinese waste import ban
- Last month, Chinese officials alerted the World Trade Organization (WTO) of plans to ban the import of certain waste materials, including common scrap metals and plastics, as part of an initiative against “foreign garbage.”
- Enterprises are decreasing in-house data center budgets, study says
- A survey conducted by the Uptime Institute last year indicates enterprise IT budgets are shifting away from focusing on corporate data centers and towards more outsourced services.
- Firm reports average device resale prices increasing annually
- A report from Cascade Asset Management indicates the used device market has grown within the past two years. The firm reviewed device resale prices for desktop computers and laptops between 2015 and 2017.