HOBI Weekly Blog Recap (9/26-29/22)
Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of 7/31-8/4
- Smartphones added to EPEAT program’s registry
- EPEAT, a Green Electronics Council program, announced the addition of mobile devices to their environmentally-friendly electronics registry on Monday. Previously, the EPEAT registry included computers, displays, TVs and imaging equipment.
- Global E-Waste Statistics Partnership begins new global e-scrap study
- A second global e-scrap study has begun, and its findings will be announced in November. The study, conducted by United Nations University (UNU), the International Solid Waste Association and the International Telecommunication Union, will analyze global e-scrap trends.
- Apple’s newest iPhone could be released as soon as September
- Apple enthusiasts everywhere are waiting for the official release date of the highly anticipated iPhone 8. While the official device release date has not been revealed, USA suspects Apple’s third quarter performance could indicate when the device will be released.