HOBI Weekly Blog Recap
Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of 6/12-6/16
- Educational technology market anticipates substantial growth due to digitization
- A new report from EdTechXGlobal indicates the educational technology market will reach $252 billion by 2020. Up to two percent of the $5 trillion global education market is currently digitized, and experts anticipate that percentage will continue to grow with new technology advancements.
- Internet security market anticipated to exceed $65 billion
- A new report from Research and Markets indicates the global internet security market will grow substantially within the next eight years. Overall, the first estimates the market will grow at an overall CAGR to reach $66.18 billion by 2025.
- SERI reports first instance of fabricated R2 certificate
- Last week, Sustainable Electronics Recycling International (SERI) reported the first known instance of a doctored R2 certificate. SERI discovered the fraudulent certificate after an e-scrap processor attempted using the document to secure a contract.
- Apple announces plans to release iPhone repair machines
- Last week, Apple, Inc. announced plans to release multiple iPhone screen repair machines to third-party repair companies worldwide. The company will release their Horizon Machines, previously only available to Apple retail stores and mail-in repairs, to 400 authorized repair shops in 25 countries around the world.