HOBI Weekly Blog Recap (5/23-26/22)
Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of 5/22-5/26
- Application security market anticipated to reach $9 billion
- MarketsandMarkets reports the app security market will reach or exceed $9 billion by 2020. The market, currently valued $2.79 billion, is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 26.4 percent within the next five years.
- New study demonstrates scrap recycling’s positive economic impact
- A new economic impact study sponsored by the Institute of Scrap Recycling (ISRI) indicates scrap recycling supports more than 500,000 jobs and generates more than $116.97 billion in the U.S annually.
- FTC cracks down on tech-support scams
- Earlier this month, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) announced Operation Tech Trap, a new project that focuses on eliminating tech-support scams. The operation kicked off with 16 civil and criminal actions filed by the FTC as well as state, national and international law enforcement against tech scammers.
- Apple completes first iPhone manufacturing test in India
- Last week, Apple completed its first trial round in its efforts to expand iPhone production into southern Asia. Wall Street Journal reports the device production was handled by a TaiWanese contract manufacturing firm, Wistron Corp.