Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) strategies are replacing traditional Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of 4/3-4/7
- Three benefits of backing up a smartphone to the cloud
- More people are using smartphones as their primary computing device than ever. Smartphones’ small size and advanced computing abilities allow the devices to store many apps and other information typically stored on laptop and desktop computers in the past.
- How to monitor what personal data is being accessed by your Internet provider
- Last week, Congress voted to repeal the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) regulations regarding broadband privacy. The privacy regulations previously required Internet Services Providers (ISPs) to request permission to collect and sell users’ personal information to advertisers.
- Three ways to maximize smartphone battery life
- Prolonging battery life is a common desire among smartphone users. Each year, major manufacturers release new devices with stronger batteries and new ways to monitor usage for maximum battery life.
- Android surpasses Windows as the OS used to access the Internet most frequently
- Research firm Statcounter reports Android has surpassed Windows as the OS used to access the Internet the most frequently. This month, Android users accounted for 37.93 percent of Statcounter network activity, followed closely behind by Microsoft users with 37.91 percent.