HOBI Weekly Blog Recap
Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of 2/13-2/17
- Two educational technology concerns and their solutions
- Technology in the classroom brings opportunities for increased lesson plan flexibility, outside-the-classroom resources and improved teacher-student interaction.
- What to do with old devices after Valentine’s Day
- New tablets, smartphones and wearable technology are popular gifts each Valentine’s Day. With new devices in-hand, old devices are no longer of use. Instead of storing unused cellphones, tablets or computers in a drawer, reselling and recycling bring further use to old devices.
- Right to Repair bills proposed in five states could be first step to sustainable device repair
- According Android Authority, new Right to Repair bills have been proposed in five states, including Kansas, Minnesota, Massachusetts, Nebraska and New York. If enacted, Right to Repair legislation is a step towards a more sustainable electronics repair and refurbishment industry.
- Tablet shipments decline for second consecutive year
- International Data Corporation (IDC) reports overall tablet shipments continued to decline for the second consecutive year during 2016.