The following is a weekly recap of the HOBI blog for the week 10/30-11/01
- On Oct. 25, Amazon announced their plan to launch Amazon Key, a service that will allow customers to hand over a “digital house key” to authorized Amazon drivers, who will then access the customer’s homes to securely and conveniently leave packages.
- The R2 Standard reaches a new milestone as more than 700 facilities across 30 countries become R2-certified.
- Logistics experts predict that many American firms, including those in the recycling industry, will experience higher over-the-road shipping costs within the next six months. This increase stems from a combination of lingering effects from recent hurricanes, a shortage in drivers, and the deployment of the electronic logging device.
- The Recycling Industry Operating Standard (RIOS) board of directors announced the release of the RIOS:2016 Implementation Guide (RIG), which has been designed as a “do-it-yourself” system.
- As more and more Internet-connected devices find their way into our home and businesses, it is important to remember that they represent a security risk. Leaving these devices unsecured is the digital equivalent of leaving the back door unlocked. Here are 7 tips that can help you secure those IoT devices.