HOBI weekly blog recap 8/14-8/18
Here is a recap of ITAD industry news from the week of May 2nd to May 6th.
- Global data center security market anticipated to reach $12.9 billion
- Research and Markets anticipates the global data center security market will reach or exceed $12.91 billion by 2021 with an overall CAGR of 15.3 percent.
- Apple anticipates iPhones only remain functional for three years
- An update to Apple’s environmental Q and A on their website indicates iPhones have a typical lifespan of three years. While this estimate is not the definitive cut-off, Apple retrieved this data from monitoring devices and their respective lifespans.
- HOBI President, Craig Boswell, speaking at 2016 IAITAM Spring ACE
- HOBI President Craig Boswell will speak at IAITAM’s 2016 Spring ACE conference May 11-13 in New Orleans at the French Quarter Marriott. Boswell is contributing to the mobile session of this year’s conference on Tuesday, May 12, from 11:15 a.m to 12:15 p.m.
- Apple takes iPhone upgrade program online
- Apple’s iPhone Upgrade plan is now available for online purchase. The plan, which originally launched seven months ago, offers monthly payment installments for users that cover the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.