Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of 7/11-7/15
- Study indicates school districts are struggling with proper classroom technology integration
- A study conducted by Edgenuity indicates a substantial amount of schools around the country are struggling with successful classroom technology integration. This survey interviewed teachers of various grade levels around the country about their opinions about educational technology.
- Two questions to ask a prospective enterprise IT asset manager
- Enterprise IT is a quickly-evolving platform. As more technologies are released and more threats are perceived, enterprise IT departments may feel overwhelmed. One way to navigate the constantly-evolving enterprise IT landscape is to work with an IT asset management provider.
- U.S., EU complete Privacy Shield framework negotiation
- After nearly 10 months of negotiation, the U.S. and European Union have reached an agreement this morning regarding overseas data sharing. The agreement follows the EU’s initial decision to invalidate the Safe Harbor agreement in October.
- ISRI issues response to pending SEERA legislation
- Billy Johnson, chief lobbyist for ISRI, issued a formal response to the pending the Secure E-Waste and Recycling Act (SEERA) legislation last Friday. SEERA, proposed by the Coalition for American Electronics Recycling (CAER), is currently in the drafting stages and aims to regulate the exportation of used electronics.