From Electronic Waste to Fashionable Jewelry
Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of 8/1-8/5
- Tablet shipments continue to decrease in Q2
- IDC reports tablet shipments continued to decline in the second quarter, with 38.7 million devices shipped globally. This represents a 12.3 percent year-over-year shipment decrease.
- The most overlooked component of successful data security
- Protecting data is rapidly becoming a top priority for enterprises nationwide. With the number of data breaches rising, and the increasing abundance of malware, IT professionals must use the best practices in data security to ensure files and other online assets remain uncompromised.
- Verizon acquiring Fleetmatics for $2.4 billion
- Yesterday, Verizon announced its acquisition of Fleetmatics, a management solutions company, for $2.4 billion. This news comes a week after the announcement of Verizon’s acquisition of Yahoo.
- Outerwall, ecoATM parent company, purchased for $1.6 billion
Last week, Apollo Global Management Group announced their purchase of Outerwall for $1.6 billion, or $52 per share.