Apple to acquire Intel’s smartphone modem unit to jumpstart in-house 5G plans
Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of July 4-8, 2016
- Samsung sees highest quarterly earnings in 2 years
- Samsung’s reported second-quarter earnings indicate consumers are still willing to spend on innovative smartphones. This is a positive development after a forecast of slowing smartphone sales in years to come.
- Tech companies raising prices in response to Brexit decision
- Tech companies Dell and OnePlus have enacted plans to increase prices in response to the Brexit decision.
- Apple encouraging organ donation with new iOS 10 function
- The newest version of Apple’s iOS operating system will include an option for iPhone users to sign up to become an organ donor directly through their smartphone.