From Electronic Waste to Fashionable Jewelry
Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of 1/8-1/13
- New report indicates app usage growth slowing
- A new report from Flurry indicates overall app usage growth is finally slowing. The firm reported app usage grew 11 percent during 2016, a significant decrease from 2015’s growth of 58 percent.
- Four ways tablets improve classroom technology
- While personal electronics may be a distraction to students, district-issued tablets and e-readers bring opportunities for more flexibility both outside and inside the classroom.
- New federal initiative plans to decrease recycling, remanufacturing costs
- Last week, the U.S Energy Department announced a new research initiative that will focus on the reduction of recycling costs and increasing the value of recycled products, including e-scrap.
- Apple celebrates the iPhone’s 10-year anniversary
- Today marks the iPhone’s 10-year anniversary. Steve Jobs, Apple founder, called the device “revolutionary,” and the “ultimate digital device.”