HOBI weekly blog recap 8/14-8/18
Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of 12/5-12/9
- Apple reports iPhone 6S battery malfunction is more widespread than expected
- Apple recently initiated a trade-in program for malfunctioning iPhone 6S devices. The program served as a response to multiple reports of iPhone 6S and 6S Plus devices shutting down without warning.
- The Supreme Court reaches decision in Samsung design infringement case
- After months of deliberation, the Supreme Court has reached a decision in Samsung and Apple’s design infringement case. Earlier today, the Supreme Court ruled Samsung only violated one component of Apple’s design patent instead of the entire device, meaning Samsung may not be forced to pay penalties.
- Three data security tips for online shopping this holiday season
- With the holidays in a few weeks, shoppers everywhere are using their mobile and desktop devices for online purchases. While online shopping is a convenient option for holiday shopping, without the right precautions, shoppers personal data could be at risk.