IT Asset Management Operating in a Cloud Dominated Era
Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of 1/16-1/20
- PC shipments continue to decline
- PC shipments continued a four-year decline last year. Gartner reports 72.6 million units shipped during Q4 2016, a 3.7 percent fall from Q4 2015.
- Stanford researchers design battery including fire extinguisher
- Combustible batteries are one of the tech industry’s top concerns, thanks to many reports of battery fires involving hoverboards and Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 devices. Experts around the world are working to create safer batteries, and Stanford University researchers may have found one solution.
- Financial malware attacks increased more than 22% during Q4 2016
- A report from Kapersky Labs indicates financial malware attacks increased 22 percent during Q4 of 2016. Financial malware is a type of malware that focuses on stealing money directly, or valuable information needed to access a person’s finances, including online banking credentials and credit card information.
- Three ways to prepare for a successful data center transition
- With the new year beginning, enterprise IT professionals are looking for new ways to maximize efficiency and cut down on costs. Whether it’s taking the plunge and committing to a cloud-computing centric data center, or just overall consolidation, data center transitions are a necessary part of a successful data management scheme.