Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of 10/17-10/21
- New Macs anticipated at Apple’s October 27 event
- Apple confirmed yesterday a new device event on October 27. The new event, announced by a “hello again” graphic, is expected to showcase heavily anticipated Mac updates.
- How to ensure enterprise IT is prepared for a cyberattack
- In light of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, enterprises everywhere are reviewing their IT practices and readiness for a data breach. A survey conducted by ISACA reported 83 percent of its respondents agreed cyberattack is a top-three threat for enterprises, but only 38 percent indicated their company is prepared to experience one.
- Three commonly overlooked areas in cybersecurity
- October is National Cybersecurity Awareness month, a time for U.S. citizens to educate themselves on current cybersecurity issues. As citizens read about different types of common security threats, they may be encouraged to update their devices and respective security systems.
- New legislation could affect millions of Americans’ data privacy
- Data privacy lobbyists are working to stop new legislation that would allow U.S government agencies to access millions of Americans’ computers. The new rule is a modification to Rule 41 of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure.