HOBI weekly blog recap 8/28-9/1
Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of 9/26-9/30
- Amazon issued complaint for importing refurbished phones to India
- The Indian Express reports Amazon India and 20 other ecommerce platforms, including eBay, Snapdeal, Olx and Quikr, were issued a showcause complaint by the India’s environment ministry for selling imported refurbished devices.
- Blackberry will no longer manufacture cellphones
- Earlier today, Blackberry confirmed plans of focusing on software development. In order to streamline these efforts, Blackberry will no longer manufacture cellphones in-house, instead opting to outsource manufacturing to partners.
- E-Scrap 2016 Recap
- Resource Recycling’s annual E-Scrap conference concluded last Thursday. HOBI International president Craig Boswell contributed to the conference’s opening session and provide insights on the future of the e-scrap processing industry.
- iPhone 7 anticipated to exceed 70 million shipments by December
- This year, Apple chose not to announce first-weekend iPhone sales following the release of the 7 and 7 Plus. While the majority of analysts estimate the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus have performed well in the market, many are questioning whether this is merely a bridge period before Apple’s 10-year iPhone anniversary device release next September.