HOBI weekly blog recap 8/14-8/18
Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of 3/20-3/24
- E-Scrap recycling market anticipating substantial growth
- Transparency Market Research anticipates substantial growth for the e-scrap recycling market until 2022. The report indicates the market will grow at a CAGR of 7.2 percent within the next five years.
- Google releases developer preview of latest Android OS
- Yesterday, Google released a developer preview of the latest version of Android OS, temporarily called Android O. This version of Android hosts many updates that may or may not be included in the full release later this year.
- Officials write letter inquiring about SS7 vulnerabilities to the Department of Homeland Security
- Two members of congress are inquiring about a potential mobile network vulnerability to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Last week, Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) and Representative Ted Lieu (D-CA) authored a letter to DHS Secretary John Kelly about security risks in Signaling System 7 (SS7) protocol.
- New iPads hope to boost tablet market
- Tablet shipments fell for the second consecutive year during 2016, totalling 174.8 million devices, a 15.6 percent decrease from 2015. Apple’s iPad sales also declined 19 percent, with only 13.1 million devices shipping.