HOBI weekly blog recap 6/19-6/23
- Survey indicates users prioritize mobile data security
- A new survey from Creative Strategies indicates users are most concerned about data privacy and security when using a smartphone device. The survey interviewed 800 U.S. consumers about the importance of data security and privacy when using different devices and services.
- New iPads may be released in March
- Mashable reports Apple plans to launch four new iPad Pro devices next month. If these reports are true, the company will release 12.9”, 10.5”, 9.7” and 7.9” versions during March 2017.
- Samsung still rebuilding trust after Galaxy Note 7 recall
- Samsung recently released the official cause of multiple battery failures that led to an eventual recall of all Galaxy Note 7 devices. The company cited manufacturing and design flaws in batteries from two different suppliers as the cause of the device malfunctions.
- Will 2017 be the year of mobile data security?
- Last week, TechCrunch contributor John Biggs wrote a column stating 2017 may be the year of improving mobile security. With millions of smartphone users worldwide, the need for high-quality mobile data security is more of a reality than ever.