- Identifying personal and professionals borders
- Ignoring two-step authentication
- Not making security a top priority
- Insufficient exit protocols
- Forgoing SSL from the beginning
- Failing to prioritize security
- Having no policies for cloud storage
- Disregarding security best-practice
- No internal policies and infrastructure
- No suspicious activity notifications
These 10 mistakes are not only high-risk for startups, but for all enterprises. Failing to initiate and maintain top-notch data security can result in substantial monetary and reputational damage. While avoiding these 10 challenges can mitigate a variety of security issues, Entrepreneur did not list the 11th major data security mistake: forgetting to secure an IT asset manager.
Working with a certified IT asset manager guarantees the best practices in data security. ITAM companies have years of experience in data management, security and erasure, while staying up-to-date on industry trends, new threats and industry legislation.
HOBI International, Inc. is a R2, RIOS, ISO 14001 certified IT asset management company. HOBI provides full-scale enterprise IT asset management solutions, including top-notch data security practices. With more than 20 years of experience, HOBI offers fully traceable data security, management and erasure solutions.
Data security is vital to a successful business, whether the business be a startup, or a long operating company. Insufficient data security can result in an information breach as well as both monetary and reputational loss. The best way to make sure all data security bases are covered is to partner with an IT asset management company.