Excitement is in the air for recycling enthusiasts with the announcement of Dell’s push for completely waste-free packaging. The technology leader has stated its team will continue to work towards this goal and by 2020 100% of its packaging will either be recyclable or compostable at end-of-life. The packaging stream will be made completely out of recycled or renewable material.

Organizations who have implemented responsible recycling practices strive for environmental sustainability. With Dell’s new packaging, ITAD vendors and electronics recyclers can minimize the amount of waste sent to the landfill significantly more!

According to Waste & Recycling News, Dell has also reported on its use of wheat straw, a new sustainable material, in many of its cardboard boxes for equipment originating in China. By August, boxes will consist of 15% wheat straw and the other 85% of recycled content fiber.

The use of the straw could alleviate approximately 180 tons of CO2 emissions annually, according to the report.

Packaging is often the initial material customers see and touch. Oliver Campbell, director of packaging procurement at Dell, wants customers to associate Dell with being dedicated to operating in an environmentally responsible manner every step of the way.