Are you in need of an ITAD service provider? All organizations directly manage some level of IT hardware, and this means that the equipment will eventually need to be repaired, remarketed or responsibly discarded.
Choosing who provides IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) services for your storage, server and networking hardware is one of the biggest decisions you can make for your IT infrastructure. ITAD is usually an afterthought for many IT processes, but that is beginning to change thanks to the increasing need for safe and environmentally friendly disposal of IT hardware. But ITAD includes more than just retiring your assets, so where do you start? Here are a few must-have areas of expertise to consider when choosing a vendor.
- IT Asset Management (ITAM)
- Disposition is just one step in the IT lifecycle planning process. You should look for an ITAD partner that can help you track your assets from deployment to decommission. Having the added visibility to the lifecycle of your hardware can not only save you time and make your business operations more efficient, it can also take your environment from ad-hoc to a more proactive strategy for disposing of hardware.
- Touring a facility in person helps you get a perspective on the process of IT asset management and ITAD. Make sure your equipment will be tracked to each stage of the cycle. Research data security methods, It’s easy for your sensitive information to get into the wrong hands if not sanitized or destroyed properly. If a tour is unavailable, that should be a concerning red flag to you.
- Many ITAD vendors do not have all the same services, so it’s best to know what you’re paying for. For example, HOBI International, Inc. has a refurbishment and reconditioning program for electronics that have not yet reached the end of their usable lifecycle. Our retail and eBay sites give customers an option to buy second life electronics at a significant discount, keeping them out of the e-waste stream. We also pioneered the way for Mobile Asset Disposition (MAD) in the industry. Our innovative process is catered specifically to mobile devices in a booming mobile world. Obviously safe, legal and certified management and recycling process come at a cost. However, it is worth the disposition fees to avoid hefty fines or data leaks in the future. If an organization claims free services, inquire as to how you get a return on your investment.
- Once you partner with an ITAD vendor, you become partnered with all of their partners. Your company may be susceptible to hefty fines if all downstream partners do not follow state and government regulations. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. The liability and integrity of your equipment eventually rests with you.
- Environmental Compliance
- Certified ITAM and ITAD vendors follow rule and regulations when it comes to electronics recycling. HOBI is an R2/RIOS and ISO 14001 certified organization with more than two decades committed to environmental standards.
Once you are satisfied with the research you have conducted, that’s the green light to go ahead and enter into a partnership.
HOBI’s IT asset management services include on-site, as well as off-site, services such as de-installation and removal, data erasure, hard-drive destruction, and logistics management. Using, HOBI Shield® a NIST-compliant service that has been verified by forensic data specialists as a trustworthy system for completely removing data from devices, our professionals use the best practices to provide NIST 800-18 and DOD compliant data sanitation and data erasure to ensure information doesn’t slip through the cracks during refurbishment and recycling.
HOBI International, Inc. is an R2, RIOS, and ISO 14001 certified firm that aims to help organizations, both big and small, process end-of-life electronics by delivering dependable asset management solutions that prioritizes client security, cost-efficiency, environmental well-being, legislation compliance, and reliable solutions for all stages of IT and mobile asset lifecycles. Visit our Enterprise Asset Management webpage to find out more information about our ITAD and recycling services.