As we near the end of the year and head into the month of thanks, there are many things to be thankful for, but proper IT asset disposition should be at the top of your list. Many companies may be considering upgrading their IT equipment in time for the new year but are unsure of what to do with them. IT asset disposition facilities collect retired IT assets such as phones, laptops, tablets, desktops, printers and fax machines, and ensure they are disposed of in an echo-friendly manner.
IT asset disposition provides many benefits to an enterprise when it is done correctly. When it is done incorrectly, electronics are sent to landfills and become toxic to the environment as well as the landfill’s surrounding residents. Before you toss the old office hardware, consider partnering with an ITAD provider like HOBI in order to make sure that your IT assets are not piling up in storage closets or being sent to landfills.
Provided are five reasons to be thankful for proper IT asset disposition:
- When IT equipment is disposed of, it still contains large amounts of enterprise and employee data. ITAD facilities offer data security services like data erasure to ensure that no data is leaked even after disposition. This provides company peace-of-mind when disposing of IT assets.
- Asset transportation is crucial to a business, and can be detrimental if any IT assets are damaged in the process of moving from one location to another. Reverse logistics services takes the problem of transporting assets off of enterprise shoulders and provides safe, secure IT asset transportation. This ensures companies that their retired assets are handled with care, especially if they qualify for resale and remarketing opportunities.
- Some IT assets have not reached the end of their useful life cycle even after they are retired, and some may be eligible for resale. Certain ITAD providers, HOBI included, offer repair and remarketing opportunities to maximize asset value. HOBI offers full-service, post-launch Mobile Lifecycle Management (MLM) for Mobility Managed Services (MMS) programs, and focuses on maximizing the availability of mobile assets both during their useful life and during disposition.
- Data centers are one of the most important pieces of equipment a company can have. They store large amounts of data and require extreme care during decommission. ITAD companies provide data center services, where trained professionals handle the hardware with care. HOBI offers comprehensive data center solutions that minimize downtime and maximize return on assets.
- Finally, electronic waste makes up 70% of the world’s toxic waste, so their disposition should not be taken lightly. ITAD facilities dispose of e-waste via recycling, and ensure that no equipment ends up in landfills.
For more information about our ITAD services call 817-814-2620, or contact HOBI at firstname.lastname@example.org.