How the rising cost of recycling is affecting the waste crisis
Here is a recap of the HOBI blog for the week of 6/26-6/30
- New Petya ransomware attack spread to more than 60 countries
- A new ransomware attack is running rampant across PCs worldwide. The malware, identified as a type of Petya ransomware, began targeting organizations worldwide Tuesday morning. This attack follows the high-profile WannaCry ransomware attack during May that affected more than 200,000 computers.
- Greenpeace, iFixit study raises questions about device repairability
- Yesterday, Greenpeace released findings from their device repairability assessment. The study, sponsored in conjunction with iFixIt, spanned two years and reviewed 40 different smartphone, tablet and laptop devices from 17 different brands according to iFixIt’s repairability scale.
- Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) strategies are replacing traditional Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Enterprises worldwide are deploying more mobile devices each year, thanks to the increasing sophistication of mobile technologies. Allowing employees to utilize the smartphone or tablet of their choice as a primary computing device brings opportunities for increased productivity and a decreased learning curve.
- June marks 10-year anniversary of iPhone being available to public
- Earlier this year, Apple announced 2017 as the official 10-year anniversary of the iPhone. Apple originally revealed the device during January 2007, and the device became available to the public for purchase during June 2007, marking this month as the 10-year anniversary of purchasing iPhones.