Everyone is buzzing about the new iPhone being released Friday. Apple is leveling the playing field not only by offering the new high-tech device, but also a new payment plan that could give normal network providers a run for their money.
Here are 10 features on the new iPhone to look forward to:
- Color options
- As well as the normal gold, silver, black and white options, the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus will be offered in rose gold.
- Glass improvements
- Apple claims the glass used for this model’s screen will be the most durable yet. This is good news for clumsy Apple users everywhere (including this blogger), but customers are skeptical about the true quality of the glass.
- Stronger metal
- Along with sturdy glass, the 6S and 6S Plus are built with 7000 Series aluminum. This alloy is reportedly the strongest material used for the iPhone yet.
- Front-facing camera improvements
- Users can expect higher-quality selfies with the new device. The camera has been upgraded to 5 megapixels for ultra high-def selfie photos and recording.
- Better selfie lighting
- The retina flash feature will host better lighting in dim spaces for the front-facing camera. Now Snapchats and Instagrams can be posted at all times of day and in all levels of light.
- Better sound quality
- Apple added 4 microphones to the new device, so users can expect clarified recordings and videos.
- Motion compressor
- The M9 motion compressor provides more accurate estimates for daily step achievements and other fitness app capabilities.
- GIF hosting
- The 6S and 6S plus will be able to combine a still and a short video together to create gifs that are postable to social media platforms.
- Quicker network connection
- The new device will connect to available WiFi faster than previous devices. Along with connecting to WiFi quicker, the 6S will operate faster with lower bandwidth on LTE networks.
- New Siri capabilities
- “Hey Siri” is available to both 6S users and older iPhone users. With Hey Siri, users can start Siri without pressing the home button.
The new iPhone 6S and 6S Plus will hit stores at 8 a.m. Friday. Hopefully we can expect a video chronicling the actual strength of the new glass within the following week.